Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Project Finished!


Here is the much talked about quilt that I have been working on. For many years the idea of a t-shirt quilt has been appealling, but who has enough t-shirts with the same theme to turn into a quilt. I'll tell you who- my sister-in-law Evie! She is the athletic director at a middle school and has coached every sport at one time or another. And we all know with sports comes the team t-shirt. So we organized-without her knowledge by the way- a bunch of her shirts into this design and the process began. It took awhile, but after many calls for guidance from my mom, this is how it turned out. Plus it was a ton of fun and a great sense of accomplishment. Maybe this is the first of the t-shirt quilts??!!!


I think it is safe to say that Evie was speechless, or as Tim put it giddy. I am glad that she loves it and that we could do something for her. Not sure if you can tell but all of the sports are represented as well as the athletic logo-alot of these shirts she designed herself. Go Blue and Gold!

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job. Maybe I should send you all of Scott's tshirts and you can make one for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is gorgeous. How did you find the time? Wait, I should know. The busiest people do the most. Keep up the great work. You all are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the quilt! I kind of did one similar, only not as cool. I took all of my girls camp shirts, cut them up, and turned them into a baby bumper for our crib. I think yours is cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is AWESOME and HUGE!! Where did you find the time???? All I have managed so far is one completed pot holder.

    ReplyDelete