Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back to work...

So this week I started back at work. It was very weird for me because I love what I do, but I have had so much fun with Jackson these last 3 months. I miss him like crazy, and missing him makes me miss Tim more during the day as well. He seems to be doing good at his school though. Every time I call they say he is smiling away. Then he comes home and is still smiling. When he is awake that is. I can't wait for him to be able to hug though, because then I will feel much better when he hugs me when I get home from work. I have to give props to Tim too. He is doing all the drop offs and pick ups. I don't know how he does it, he is just one amazing guy and the best husband and dad.

I was a little worried going to work because for my whole pregnancy I was doing desk work-something I have not done since probably high school. Don't get me wrong, I survived, and I was so grateful that my bosses worked with me, but I learned that I love to be outside working/playing. So coming back I had to pass my pack test- walk 3 miles with 45 pounds in under 45 minutes- before I could get back on an engine. Having done nothing for so long I didn't think I would pass right away. But yea!! I managed to pass and am back driving around in an engine, hoping for fires, but quick ones so I still get home at my normal time =0)

Did I mention how great Tim is? Because I don't think I could have asked for more.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's going OK. And the good news is, you like your job! So it's nice at either end - you going from one job you enjoy to the next one you enjoy. Not everyone is so lucky.
    If only I had known you had to pack heavy weight - I would have offered Stellan for training purposes. In his backpack, that's 30 pounds. A little extra weight and you could have prepped like a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going back to work is always a challenge! Sounds like you are doing well with it though. Missing Jackson and Tim is rough but then it makes you appreciate the time you have with them that much more! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are the pictures of Tim and Jackson at day care and those of your wonderful babysitters and maids. I am so glad you passed your test with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww You guys are so cute! I bet its the best feeling when you open the door to the house and see Tim and JP. Im so glad you're feeling well! I hope the fires in the Big Cypress arent keeping you out too late! I heard I75 has been closed for a good while.

    ReplyDelete